Mangosteen is the fruit of a tropical evergreen tree mostly found in Southeast Asia such as Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Indonesia. that is tiny and purple with a white segmented interior. The fruit is very juicy and fibrous and contains large amounts of Vitamin C and antioxidants, qualifying it as a weight loss superfruit. It is often called Purple Mangosteen because of the dark purple color of its skin.
- Mangosteen fruit contains high levels of essential fatty acids and omega-3 acids that assist with overall brain function and operating of the endocrine system, thus enabling weight loss and that also help you feel less muscle and joint pain while you exercise.
- The Mangosteen fruit is very rich in Vitamin E, that will helps support the nervous system and reduces the irritability and hair loss that can sometimes accompany detoxifying weight loss regimens.
- This Mangosteen contains with a silica, which assists with toning up loose skin from weight loss and also with healing sore joints, so that you are better able to exercise.
- This fruit Mangosteen is a generous source of B-complex vitamins which assists the body in metabolizing carbohydrates, proteins and fats so that they can be converted into fuel that boost your body can use.
- The Mangosteen fruit is a natural blood thinner that normalized and helps safely eliminate lipids (fat cells) from your bloodstream and tissues.
- The Mangosteen fruits also contains natural antihistamines that help you breathe better and resist inflammation due to allergies in your diet.
- This fruit mangosteen It is relatively low in calories at 150 calories per cup, making a good choice as a food that can function as a replacement for a meal in a smoothie, raw or in other dishes
- Mangosteen is very rich in Vitamin C, which is a powerful regulator of the metabolism and the immune system.
- The fruit Mangosteen is very rich in minerals such as copper, manganese and magnesium, which prevent the leg and stomach cramps that can be the result of being on a low-calorie diet.
- Mangosteen is rich in antioxidants that fight aging and inflammation, thus helping you to exercise more efficiently and experience a general feeling of wellness.
- Mangosteen is very rich in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure, cholesterol and banishes bloat edema.
- The fruit is an excellent source of fiber that helps clean fat and toxins out your intestines and arteries and naturally lowers cholesterol levels.
How to peel mangosteen
Instead of peeling it like an orange, a Mangosteen is typically opened by pressing firmly or twisting the outside until it breaks apart.
The hard rind can be nearly one inch thick. At the center is the soft opaque white fruit, which resembles a head of garlic but tastes slightly sweet and tart.
In North America, fresh mangosteens can be found in Canada, New Zealand and Hawaii but they cannot legally be imported into the continental United States due to concerns that they transport insects into the country.
Alternate names for mangosteen are Garcinia mangostana L., mangostan, manggis, mangis, and mang cut.
Uses for Mangosteen are
Most Asean People eat mangosteen as they would any other tropical fruit. In southeast Asia, they been used for medicinal purposes for generations. According to folklore, the rind was used to make a tea for conditions such as diarrhea, bladder infections, and gonorrhea. An ointment made from the rind was applied to skin rashes.
Health benefits of mangosteen
– Anti-cancer Properties
– Anti-inflammatory Properties
– Skin care
– Boost Immunity
– Antioxidant Properties
– Speed up healings
– Cures Diarrhea and Dysentery
– Treats Menstrual Problem
– Astringent Properties
– Protects Heart Health
– Controls Diabetes
– Weight Loss
Nutritional value of mangosteen
Mangosteen is a healthy fruit, which is rich in water, energy, Protien, carbohydrates, and Fiber Essential nutrients such as Calcium,Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Copper, and Manganese are found in this fruit. It contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin A which are required for maintaining good health. Other Vitamins such as Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folate, Folic Acid, Carotene, and Cryptosanthin are also found in it.
Laboratory studies suggest xanthones have anti-cancer effects when they are studied in test tubes. Mangosteen has also been found to have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties in test tube studies.
Popularity of mangosteen
How to prepare & eat Mangosteen?
Fresh mangoesteen fruits is eaten as a dessert. Juice from mangoesteen flesh can be prepared at home easy.
It is also m,ade into jamsand thus can be stored for a longer dorations of time and can be consumed any time of the year. Apart from the fruits, the seeds are also edible,they can be consumed after roasting or boiling.